top of page



What type of therapy is best for my child?

I can advise on the approach based on your child’s individual needs. Psychotherapy, counselling, art and play therapy may be useful for someone who would benefit from extra support. Some children talk directly about their problems, but sometimes the most effective communication is through play and arts therapy.


For many teenagers and young people there may be patterns of behaving which they/you wish to change, such as a reliance on something when under pressure, e.g. food, alcohol, drugs. They may have difficulties with relationships or achieving goals. Psychotherapy can help someone work through these ingrained issues, which can help them modify their behaviour.  


Additionally there may be more complex, deep rooted or multiple issues, which can be worked through in psychotherapy.

I am experienced in working with children, teenagers, young people and families, and skilled in knowing how to listen and respond. Please contact me for more details.


child in dark

It can be hard to understand that children sometimes need therapy. Sometimes it’s difficult to pin-point the concern. In this case it may be useful to discuss this with me to gain a better idea of whether therapy would be beneficial. I work therapeutically with children, young people and parents. I offer support with or without a formal diagnosis.


A Supportive Environment


Loving someone who has emotional problems can be exhausting and worrying, just as it is being that person. Whatever issues your family are struggling with, I aim to provide a warm, non-judgemental and supportive approach.


Are the sessions confidential?


I work in line with the UKCP Code of Ethics and Professional Practice and therefore psychotherapy and counselling sessions are strictly confidential.  Confidentiality will be waivered if there is a safeguarding concern.  I will explain more about this to you when we meet. When supporting young people, particularly younger children it can be helpful for parents to be provided with a general overview and I will seek to do this if I have the child’s consent. 


I am registered with the UKCP. I am fully insured and Criminal Records Bureau checked.


Please contact me to find out more.

bottom of page